|Welcome to the Register in Probate webpage.
It is the mission of the Office of the Register in Probate of Marinette County to serve the citizens of Marinette County and the participants in probate matters in an efficient, effective, and ethical manner.
The Register in Probate Department fulfills this mission and serves the public by accomplishing several major functions. The Department provides assistance to the circuit courts, attorneys, and the general public with professional and proficient services that facilitate proceedings for the administration of estates, trusts, guardianships, protective placements, and juvenile and adult civil mental, alcohol, and drug abuse commitments, along with adult adoptions. This includes:
The Register in Probate is appointed by the Circuit Court Judges of Marinette County.
- Maintain and supervise all probate files, including wills filed for safekeeping, wills filed without probate, and Powers of Attorney/Health Care for safekeeping.
- Maintain and supervise all guardianship files, including protective placement/services and conservatorships.
- Provide assistance to the public and attorneys with court practices and procedures for wills, probate, guardianships, conservatorships, protective placements, and mental commitments.
- Collect fees as required by statute.
- Audit and approve or disapprove all guardianship, conservatorship, and trust annual accountings.
- Manage the annual protective placement reviews.
- Maintain the retention of probate court records as prescribed by the Supreme Court Rules, Chapter 72.
The Register in Probate office cannot give legal advice. Please contact an attorney if you have legal questions or call the lawyer referral service at 1.800.362.9082.
||Jane M. Sequin - Register in Probate
||Marinette County Courthouse
1926 Hall Avenue
Marinette, WI 54143
||8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday - Friday