|Campsite Reservation Information
WELCOME TO THE MARINETTE COUNTY PARKS!
PARK CAMPGROUNDS RESERVATION POLICY
Reservations are accepted 11 months in advance. As of 2018, Twin Bridges Park and Morgan Park are reservations only. During the camping season, reservations can be made the same day as long as there is an open campsite by either making a reservation on-line on the Marinette County’s Website (www.marinettecounty.com ) or by calling (715) 732-7530. Payment by master card or visa credit cards are accepted for reservations made online or by telephone during office hours, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. To pay by check in the mail, a telephone reservation must be made with the entire fee due back in the parks office three (3) working days after the reservation is made. No reservations paid by check will be accepted less than seven (7) days prior to occupancy.
A separate reservation must be submitted for each campsite desired. A campsite can have two tents or one tent and one camping unit. The name listed on the camping receipt must be a member of the camping party that will occupy the site. Same day reservation are accepted for Twin Bridges Park and Morgan Park. Reservation are accepted on the odd sites at Twelve Foot Falls, Veterans Memorial Park, Goodman Park and McClintock Park with reservation requests for a minimum of two consecutive nights.There is a $10.00 reservation fee that is non-refundable should you decide to cancel your reservation. The county reserves the right to make adjustments in the assignments of the campsites if necessary. Campers may not move to other campsites.
2. CAMPING REGISTRATION
All parks are self-registration campgrounds. Campers will receive two (2) day use-stickers with the cost of the reservation. If you have more than two vehicles, you must purchase a day use sticker at the entrance to the park.
3. VEHICLE DAY-USE ENTRANCE FEE
All vehicles require a day use entrance sticker. The cost is $5.00/vehicle per day/night. The day use envelopes/stickers can be purchased at the pay station when entering a park. Please follow instructions written on the envelopes. Day use stickers can also be purchased on-line at www.marinettecounty.com by paying by credit card. You must write the confirmation number on a day use envelope found at the pay station and follow instruction written on the envelope. Vehicles without completed stubs displayed on their windshield will be subject to receive a parking violation.
A $20.00 (per vehicle) Marinette County Parks Annual Vehicle Sticker may be purchased at the Parks Office, from Park personnel, from various businesses in the County or on-line at www.marinettecounty.com. The annual park sticker is good for the year purchased.
Check in time is 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Check out time is prior to 3:00 p.m.
The campsite parking area is approximately 45' x 14'. Two vehicles are permitted to park per site. All other vehicles, trailers, boat trailers, etc. must be parked in the visitor’s parking lot. Parking is prohibited along any road within the campground at all times. Maximum of two vehicles per site; visitors must park in parking lot.
No more than 2 camping units may occupy a campsite, this includes two tents or one camping unit and one tent on condition that the Caretaker has the right to direct that camping party to a site that is large enough or suitable for more than one camping unit. No more than one recreational trailer or motor home may occupy a campsite. No more than one camping party shall occupy a single campsite, except that up to 10 members of a juvenile group may occupy one campsite.
7. NOTICE OF CANCELLATION
- CAMPING PARTY: Any individual, family or unorganized group occupying a campsite. An unorganized group may not exceed 5 persons who are 7 years of age or older.
- FAMILY: A parent or parents with their un-emancipated children and not more than two (2) guests.
- JUVENILE GROUP: A group made up of juvenile members of an established organization and under the leadership of at least one competent, mature adult 21 years old or older per 5 juveniles in the group and using any number of camping units or occupying a group campground.
Confirmed campsites will be held for the length of the reservation unless the reservation is cancelled. A reservation can be cancelled on-line by the individual who made the reservation or by calling the Parks Office during office hours. The reservation fee is not refundable. Refund of camping fees will be in a form of a voucher to be used towards a future reservation and will be valid for the current camping year and the following.
Voucher will be given only under the following conditions:
- Four or more days’ notice: If the reservation is canceled on-line or the cancellation request is received at the parks’ office four or more days before the reservation start date, all camping fees minus the reservation fee will be issued in a form of a voucher.
- Less than four days’ notice: If the reservation is canceled on-line or the cancellation request is received at the parks’ office less than four days before the reservation start date, all camping fees minus the reservation fee and one night’s fee will be issued in a form of a voucher.
- On or after the scheduled arrival date: If the reservation is canceled on-line or the cancellation request is received at the parks’ office after 3:00 p.m. of the scheduled arrival date, there will be no voucher issued.
- Early Departure: Refunds will not be made of camping fees or reservation fees once the site is occupied.
Fires will be permitted only at designated fire rings or grills. Firewood is available for purchase at the parks.
9. RULES ENFORCEMENT
Failure to observe posted rules may result in cancellation of the camping permit, and offenders will be subject to penalties provided in the Marinette County Parks and Forestry Code.
10. MUSIC AND NOISE
Unreasonable noise will not be tolerated. 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. are quiet hours. Radios, stereos, TV’s, etc., will be operated in a manner that does not disturb others. Any disturbance should be reported to the park caretaker or the Marinette County Sheriff’s Department (715) 732-7600.
For public safety and health, fireworks are not permitted in the park except for large expositions by prior written permit.
12. ADDITIONAL RULES
13. OTHER INFORMATION
- Pets must be on a leash not longer than 8 feet and quiet at all times. Pets are not permitted on beach or in picnic area.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages will not be permitted between 1:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m.
- Please help save green vegetation - set up trailer and tent entrances on gravel.
- No visitors to a campground shall remain after 10:00 p.m. or enter a campground prior to 5:00 a.m.
- Do not leave garbage in campsites. Dumpsters are provided for park users for trash and recyclables.
There are showers and flush toilets at Twin Bridges Park and Morgan Park. There is electricity at all sites in both parks. Drinking water spigots are located in each loop at Twin Bridges Park. There are three spigots in Morgan Park. Each park has a septic dump station with non-potable water. There are two handicap accessible campsites at Twin Bridges Park.
14. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION or to make suggestions or comments, contact:
Marinette County Parks Department
1926 Hall Ave
Marinette, WI 54143
Web Site: www.marinettecounty.com
HELP US PRESERVE YOUR PARKS FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS
PLEASE DON’T LITTER OR DESTROY VEGETATION
Click on link to make a camping reservation. »