Due to COVID-19 the 2020 Tax Deed Sale will be postponed until futher notice. Updates will be posted as they become available.
If a sale is deemed necessary a list of properties will be available and posted on the web site approximately 2 months before the sale. Land sales are generally held in May. Interested persons should visit marinettecounty.com for details.
1. Land sales, when held, are usually held in the Marinette County Courthouse. Land sales are only held at the discretion of the Infrastructure Committee as demand warrants.
2. Sale is by public auction.
3. Sealed bids are accepted on the date of sale, but the bidder must include 25 percent or more of the bid by a certified check, cashier's check, bank or postal money order, or personal check. Remaining balance is due in full within thirty (30) days of the sale date or the deposit is forfeited. Marinette County does not offer any form of financing.
4. The sale advertisement is not distributed by this office nor are general mailing lists maintained. The ad will appear in the Marinette EagleHerald and the Peshtigo Times three (3) Wednesdays prior to the sale date. The advertised listing will include general information with instructions on how to obtain additional information.
5. Minimum bids for each parcel offered for sale will be available. No parcel will be sold for less than the minimum bid. Bids for less than the minimum bid will not be accepted.
6. Marinette County does not furnish a survey or access if land is not on a roadway. Marinette County does not show the individual parcels to either prospective buyers or successful bidders.
7. Land is sold exclusive of and subject to special assessments and/or drainage assessments levied or in the process of being levied.
8. Marinette County sells by quit claim deed only and does not furnish an abstract of title.
9. Properties that have been offered for sale at public auction but did not sell, must be re-advertised and placed up for auction if a person is interested in purchasing.
10. No lands entered under the "County Forest Law" (lands shaded in green in the Marinette County Plat Book) are for sale.