|All-Hazards Alert Radios & Mobile Alerts
Mobile Alerts on your Cellphone
Receive text alerts on your mobile phone. NOAA and cellular providers have teamed up to build a Weather-Ready Nation through a nationwide text emergency alert system, called Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA)
, which will warn you when weather threatens as well as other alerts. Alerts are for the area you are currently in as cell tower locations are used when issued. For accurate weather where ever you go, bookmark mobile.weather.gov. You can can you add mobile.weather.gov to your mobile phone’s home screen with instructions on this page
NOAA All-Hazards Alert RadioAlert Radios are like smoke alarms for severe weather. "All-Hazards" messages include:
Natural - Tornado, flood, severe storms, forest fires, etc.
Accidents - chemical release, train derailment, nuclear power emergencies
National - Terrorist attack
Connect to the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) website to learn more about these radios.
This department was authorized by the County Board to purchase and resell all-hazards alert radios to Marinette County residents, businesses and property owners. First Alert brand, Model WX-167 is the all-hazards alert radio selected to be sold to county residents (see photo above). This model includes:
· English or Spanish menus and alert messages.
· Easy set up with built-in USA state and county databases
· LCD display with time and 15 character text scrolling display
· LED backlight.
· LED status indicators: POWER, ADVISORY, WATCH, WARNING
· Siren has user selectable alert level
· Includes AC power adapter, wall mounting bracket, user manual and quick start guide.
Five (5) AA batteries (not included) are required for battery back-up in the event you loose power. It is recommended you replace batteries annually, at the same time you replace batteries in your smoke detectors.
If you wish to purchase a radio, please call this office to set a date and time to pick one up. Tel: (715) 732-7660The following guidelines have been set for purchasing a radio:
1. You must either be a resident of Marinette County or property owner. Proof of residency is required, such as a driver’s license or other photo ID with current address. Non-resident property owners should bring the current year’s property tax bill as proof of ownership.
2. Radio’s are available at half price, one per household. Additional radios may be purchased for the full price paid by the County. Sales tax will be added. The WX-167 prices are: 1/2 price = $22.68 and full price = $45.37. These prices include sales tax.
3. If you want us to program your radio for you, please bring 5 AA batteries with you.
* If you use re-chargeable batteries, ensure that the switch located inside the battery compartment is moved to the correct position (see the Quick Start Guide for diagram).
* Set the Time Zone to "-0600"
* Do not locate the radio next to a microwave, cordless phone base, television set or other electric device.
* In Marinette County, most residents should recieve the signal from the Wausaukee tower, which is Weather Band Channel 1 (WB-1) on your radio. WB-2 is the signal from Sister Bay, which will include marine warnings for Green Bay.
* If you are traveling, visit the NOAA web site (below) to identify the appropriate weather band channel for your area.
NOAA All-Hazards Alert Radios - County by County Coverage »