|REQUEST GUIDES & MAPS AT 1-800-236-6681 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Cross-country skiers have many excellent public and commercial trail choices in Marinette County. MCCSA, the Marinette County Cross-Country Ski Association, manages several well-mapped, well-marked trails. In addition, a number of local resorts have developed trail systems which are available for use at a fee or as a part of resort packages.
The Marinette County Cross Country Ski Association is a very active local group dedicated to the creation and maintenance of an exemplary system of free-access cross country ski trails, offering the following features:
Designated trails off County Road W west of Crivitz offer over 30km of award winning, groomed ski trails. These trails are groomed, packed and tracked for skating and diagonal stride techniques. Park in one of two designated parking lots adjacent to the trails.
- All trails packed, groomed, and tracked to an average width of 15-17 feet to accommodate both skating and diagonal stride technique.
- All trails marked with blue, white, and red roadside signs, and accessible through plowed parking areas.
- All trails signed with trailhead map, plus numerous "you are here" signs.
- All trail systems subdivided and categorized to difficulty level, and marked accordingly.
- All trails free, but dependent on donations for maintenance.
- Trail system recognized as one of the top 20 in Wisconsin.
The MCCCSA has published a map of these trails, which outlines three levels of difficulty.
Call 715-854-7540 for a printed copy of the map and current trail conditions.
Wisconsin Winter Snow Conditions Report (click on the Cross Country Skiing tab in the middle of page) »