If a sale is deemed necessary a list of properties will be available and posted on the web site approximately 2 months before the sale. Land sales are generally held in May. A general mailing list will be maintained for that sale only. Interested persons should call in April of each year.
1. Land sales, when held, are usually held in the Marinette County Courthouse. Land sales are only held at the discretion of the Forestry, Outdoor Recreation and Parks Committee as demand warrants.
2. Sale is by public auction. Application for a specific parcel should be made at least three months prior to a tentative sale date. Application does not guarantee a sale will be held. The number of applicants on hand will help determine when a sale will be held.
3. Sealed bids are accepted on the date of sale, but the bidder must include 25 percent or more of the bid by a certified check, cashier's check, bank or postal money order, or personal check. Remaining balance is due in full within thirty (30) days of the sale date or the deposit is forfeited. Marinette County does not offer any form of financing.
4. The sale advertisement is not distributed by this office nor are general mailing lists maintained. The ad will appear in the Marinette EagleHerald and the Peshtigo Times three (3) Wednesdays prior to the sale date. The advertised listing will include general information with instructions on how to obtain additional information. Applicants of specific parcels will be sent reminders of the sale prior to the sale date.
5. Minimum bids for each parcel offered for sale will be available. No parcel will be sold for less than the minimum bid. Bids for less than the minimum bid will not be accepted.
6. Marinette County does not furnish a survey or access if land is not on a roadway. Marinette County does not show the individual parcels to either prospective buyers or successful bidders.
7. Land is sold exclusive of and subject to special assessments and/or drainage assessments levied or in the process of being levied.
8. Marinette County sells by quit claim deed only and does not furnish an abstract of title.
9. Properties that have been offered for sale at public auction but did not sell, must be re-advertised and placed up for auction if a person is interested in purchasing.
10. No lands entered under the "County Forest Law" (lands shaded in green in the Marinette County Plat Book) are for sale.
Pete Villas - Forestry and Parks Administrator Phone: 715-732-7525 Fax: 715-732-7533 Click here to email